I thought I’d just let everyone who writes flash fiction know about this competition I came across. It’s run by Print Express (a UK design blog covering print, web and mobile design).
Many of the WordPress challenges ask for a word limit of 150 words, so I thought this may be of interest, especially as the story can be one that has previously published anywhere, including on your blog. Or you could write something completely new – and submit more than one entry, should you wish. The winner will receive a £100 Amazon voucher.
I’ve copied the rules here and put a link to the page at the end for anyone interested:
– The story has to be family friendly
– It has to be your own work
– It can be no longer than 150 words
– By entering your story, you’re agreeing to allow us to publish it on our site
– By entering, you retain full copyright but give us a non exclusive license to publish it on our website
– It’s free to enter, and it’s open to all
The deadline for entries is July 31st, 2016 and the winner will be announced shortly after.
If interested, here’s the link to the site with the rules (as above) plus details of where to send your entry and answers to other people’s queries in the Comments section on the page:
This competition sounds like a good idea, especially as it’s free, and entries can be ones that have been previously published! What’s to lose – and there’s an Amazon voucher to gain for someone. 🙂
I hope to be back on my blog a little more as soon as my book A Dash of Flash is formatted and published on Amazon. Hopefully, I’ll get that done during the next week or so.