Three Quotes Challenge – Day 2

shutterstock_263186459

I’ve  been nominated again for the Three Quotes Challenge, this time by Nitin Chandran Nair on his blog, Nitin Nair Writes. Thank you Nitin! I know Nitin mostly through the flash fiction challenges, even though I have time for very few of those nowadays. Unfortunately.

These are the RULES for this one:

1. Post on three consecutive days

2. Pick one or three quotes per day

3. Challenge three different bloggers per day

4. Thank the blogger who nominated you.

For this challenge I’ve decided to post three quotes a day, each day on a different topic.

So, here goes with Day 2. As you may well have guessed from the above picture, I’m posting quotes about families today. Those of you who know me, will know that I have six children. Yes, I probably am a glutton for punishment. They’re all well grown up now, the eldest being 43 and the youngest 32. We certainly had a fun time when they were all young, especiallly on those ‘special’ days of the year and holidays together.

As for the quotes, there are dozens out there on this topic, most of them applauding the value of a happy, loving family – the togetherness and support kind of thing. I can’t dispute any of them, but for my quotes today, I’ve tried to pick three quotes that give a slightly different or quirky view of the family unit.

Families Quote 3

Children 1988 (2)

Family Quote 3

The second of these pictures was taken in 1988 on a Norfolk beach. Our eldest daughter didn’t want to play ‘let’s bury Richard and Neil’ on this occasion, so there are only five children in the photo. Louise is the one in the middle, piling up the sand. (Perhaps she was looking for fairies for her future blog. :)) It’s a photo of an old photo, so the quality is awful  – sorry about that – but it was the nearest picture I could find to suit the quote.

I can relate to the first two of these quotes very well, but the last one not so much.

Here are my three nominees for today:

Antonia – on her blog, Zoale

Cameron – over at The World’s Biggest Fridge Magnet

Lynne – at Lynne’s Recipe Trails

This entry was posted in Challenges and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to Three Quotes Challenge – Day 2

1. Aquileana says:

I love these quote challenges… I still have two of them in draft mode and will post them in an upcoming feature…
    I truly like the quotes you have chosen, dear Millie… I think the second one fits you perfectly, right?…;)
    It was also nice to read a bit of your family and memories shared among relatives.
    Sending best wishes … happy week ahead. Aquileana 😀

Thanks, Aquileana. I remember you being nominated by Inese at the same time as I was a short while ago. (I was late doing that one, too.) I can imagine how hard it is for you to fit these things in with all your commitments.
      Thank you for your kind words about my family memories. I’ve had a lot of years to store up plenty of them. 😀

2. anroworld says:

Wonderful! You are a lucky mom with a big family!

Thanks, Ann. I really miss having all the children at home, but they couldn’t stay little for ever. I’m afraid I suffered from ’empty nest syndrome’ for a long time. We still see them all often – except for Christopher, our youngest, who is happily globe trotting for his job in computing.

3. Thank you for the invite Millie. Unfortunately I do not take part in any challenges or awards as I find my time is so used up, it is simply another thing for me to concentrate on. However, what I am doing today is posting three quotes to do with weight loss. I hope that comes some way to meeting your challenge 🙂

4. Great quotes Millie. Big families are amazing. My husband came from one, and that is one thing I regret is not having more children (I have two).
    Thanks for the nomination again, I will put my thinking cap on 🙂 x

5. Antonia says:

I love these quotes Millie! Thank you so much for the nomination and for thinking of me 😀 I will try and participate very soon.

There’s no rush to do it, Antonia. I did one challenge several months after being nominated (probably just a bit too long! Lol) You only need to do one quote a day, too. I chose to do three because I knew where to find them. This challenge does give us the choice.
      Quotes are fun to do, and I like finding images to suit them. 🙂

6. Perfect quotes Millie. I especially like the way you’ve framed them! 😀
    #QuoteArt xx

Thank you, Angela. I’m just doing my third day quotes atm. Are you interested in having a this time. If not, believe me, I understand. Time is the great enemy for many of us. 🙂

• Thanks for the offer Millie, but I am battling flu atm! I don’t know how impressive my quotes would be!

Yours pepped me up though! 😀

Hugs, the wobbly hog xx

Ah, the dreaded flu! Just take care of yourself and youy red hooter. But I know flu is much worse than a mere cold, so you have my sympathies. Hope you’re well soon. Hugs to you, too. ❤

• Thanks Millie. Hope you manage to avoid it. 💖

I haven’t heard of it ‘going around’ here – at least, not in my area. I have annual flu jabs, so I’m hoping they’ll work wonders if flu decides to rear its ugly head. 🙂

7. Ha ha! I’m sure all parents can identify with these. Although if I’d said that first one to my eldest at the time, she was so independent and so headstrong, she would have done exactly that.

8. Love the family photo, precious!

9. inesephoto says:

The funniest quotes ever! And so true! 🙂

Thanks Inese, I hoped they wouldn’t sound too stupid. There are so many sentimental and loving type of quotes about families around, I thought I’d go for a different angle. Many of us can relate to having teenagers around, for a start, 🙂

• inesephoto says:

Oh they are not stupid at all. The pedestrian joke is my favorite 🙂

I imagine a few people can relate to something similar to this. If not cars, perhaps any number of possessions that family members seem to take a shine to, In our house it’s Nick’s tools. I love to hear him roar every time he goes into his shed for a tool to do some job only to find that one of the kids have been in and’borrowed’ it. I can’t tell you how many times he’s had to replace a variety of (expensive) tools. 🙂

• inesephoto says: