I’m thrilled about being nominated for this award (two different versions of it) because, as a writer, creative is what I aim to be. To produce work that is interesting, entertaining or beautiful to look at, is what anyone who ‘creates’ tries to do – whether it’s prose, poetry, art, photography, or any other activities like pottery, woodwork, dressmaking and knitting.
My two nominees are – in the order in which I received the nominations – Nitin Nair and Aquileana. So it’s a huge thank you to both of these wonderful bloggers for thinking of me.
Nitin (or NN) at his blog Nitin Nair Writes takes part in several writing challenges, including the Daily Prompt, Sunday Photo Fiction and Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers and Poetry 101. The logo for Nitin’s nomination is the one above, and the one for Aquileana’s is lower down the page. Neither of these awards posts are long ones, so I’ll take one at a time, in the order I was nominated.
So here are the rules for NN’s nomination (above logo):
- Acknowledge and thank the blogger who nominated you with name and URL (done)
- Disclose 5 facts about yourself
- Further nominate 15 bloggers
Now here are five facts about me:
- Although I’m not a great fan of most T.V. programmes, I adore BBC dramas. The ones I’ve particularly loved in recent years have been The Musketeers, Call the Midwife and Poldark. I watched the fist series of Poldark in black and white (!) in the 1970’s and was hooked on it then. This new series has been fantastic. And what can I say about The Musketeers… ? Great fun, swashbuckling, and handsome men! How can the BBC make us wait a whole year between series! Call the Midwife just brings back so many memories of my 1950s childhood – although I wasn’t in London, or involved in delivering babies!
- I was a very naughty little girl (so my aunt, who is six years older than me, told me last year). Her memories of some of the things I did brought those awful recollections crashing into my head. One incident was when I was about four. I had fallen out with a neighbouring friend, and I spitefully pulled up all the flowers in her front garden! Needless to say, her mum wasn’t pleased and came charging round to see my mum. I hid in a wardrobe for ages, and my mum was going frantic, thinking I’d run off somewhere. Double trouble.
- I hate shopping, especially for clothes and shoes for myself. I know this is unusual in a woman, but it really bores me to tears. By the time I’ve been in a couple of stores I’m ready for home. If I could buy everything by mail order, I would.
- I love living in a small village. The countryside is all around us, and I just need to step outside and walk. I miss out on many of the amenities of a town, of course, and we always have to drive to do any shopping at all. Worst of all, our Internet connection is abysmal.
- I adore castles! We have so many of them in Britain, in various states of repair, but I find all of them fascinating. I live only a few miles from both Lincoln and Newark Castles, and before we moved here, we lived in a village in Leicestershire where we could see Belvoir Castle through our bedroom window. Next week I’m going to North Wales to visit the aunt who reminded me how naughty I was. There are three awesome castles I want to visit – again!
Now for the Nominees:
I was nominated for this award by the wonderful Aquileana at he blog, La Audacia de Aquiles. She is an amazing and inspirational blogger! Her posts are dedicated to Greek mythology and I find them fascinatiing. I have learned so much from reading her thorough and detailed posts. The illustrations are awesome!
So here are the rules for Aquileana’s nomination. (As you see, for this one, the post will be much shorter, and quicker, as there are no questions to answer or facts about yourself to write):
1. Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
2. Add the logo to your post.
3. Nominate 10 bloggers of your choice and tell them about the nomination.
Here are my nominees for this award:
I love all the blogs I’ve nominated, and find them all ‘creative’. If I’ve nominated anyone whose blog is award free, please accept my apologies in advance.