Three Quotes Challenge – Day 1

shutterstock_320923202

I am happy to have been nominated again for this challenge, this time by Inese, whose blog, Inese MJ Photography is excellent. Inese is a wonderful photographer over in County Tipperary in Ireland, and her posts are always really interesting and inspirational. Most are about places and events in Ireland, but others are from places further afield. I recommend you all to check out Inese’s blog. Thank you so much for the nomination, Inese!

These are the rules for this challenge:

1. Thank the person who nominated you.
  2. Post one fresh quotation on three consecutive days.
  3. On each of the three days, nominate three folk who have not yet taken part to continue the challenge.

As with many challenges, the rules can be bent a little, if need be, to fit in with people’s blogging schedules. Inese, who nominated me, posted all three quotes in one go. I’ve seen other people posting them over three weeks rather than three days. It’s really down to whatever suits you.

This time I’ve picked quotes with no common theme other than the fact that they’re all amusing.  This first one is by one of the greats in comic fantasy – so who am I disagree with his logic?

shutterstock_open mind

Here are my first three nominees:

1. Smiling Notes
  2. Aletta at nowathome
  3. Parul at Gharkepakwan

This entry was posted in Challenges and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

68 Responses to Three Quotes Challenge – Day 1

1. Wonderful challenge.
    The quote and image are hilarious!
    Enjoy your Sunday!

2. Cute quote! LOL! When you think about it it is true, people do try to get us to change our minds about things all the time. Haha!

3. Sadie's Nest says:

True! Oddly enough most the people I know who have said people should have an open mind, means more people should think like them.

4. Isn’t this quote true? Other always want to top up your brain. What about their own?

5. Do you already have a cover for your third book?

I haven’t got a cover yet, Ineke, because I’m still undecided about the title. I’ve two different ones in mind, and as soon as I’ve chosen one, I’ll get the illustrator I used for the other two covers to do it. How about your second book? At least you are able to do your own.

• I published my Afrikaans one and had some issues with the cover size and the formatting the paragraphs. I sent it back yesterday and it looks as if everything is fine now. My second flash fiction is still in the editing proses. I think I’ll publish it end of the first term or during the holidays. I have a cover picture in my mind already.

Well done! You must have so many flash fiction pieces, Ineke, you did so many of the challenges all last year, that I know of. Louise is planning to put hers together, and I’ve had several people on WP suggesting that I publish mine. I’ve got enough to think about with Eadwulf and Alfred at the moment, but perhaps one day I’ll have a think about it. Good luck with Book 2. 🙂

• Thanks, I enjoy putting these books together. After no 2 I still have some left for another one. At the moment I have to start writing again because I don’t want to loose my touch, ha ha! I am looking forward to the rest of Eadwulf and Alfred doing their bits to survive. Glad you are working on it full time now. Enjoy your week! 🙂

6. Lina says:

What an amazing quote! So funny! It was great to finally see a post from you! Hope the book is doing great! Have a great day!

Thank, Lina. I love quotes, so doing this challenge is fun. My writing is coming along much better now, but I have missed my blog. After this week, I’ll have to ignore it again for a short while. 🙂

7. empathy75 says:

This quote is very true . Thanks for sharing. And thank you so much for introducing me a wonderful blogger. I am trying to follow blogs from all over the world and so far, I haven’t got any authors from Ireland in my follow lists. SO I am going to follow Inse. I want to read the minds of people from all over the world, still can’t find bloggers from certain areas like Norway , South Africa and many more.

Inese is a great blogger and a really lovely lady. She isn’t an author, but her blog is definitely worth following. If you want to find a blogger in South Africa, I can recommend Aletta at nowathome. Aletta does a lot of photography posts, too. She was one on my nominees for this challenge (Day 1) so you could follow the link from there. Aletta isn’t an author, either.
      I follow another lady from South Africa, but she now lives in New Zealand. Her name is Ineke and her blog name is scrapydo.2. She commented on this post, so you could click on her link, too. Ineke has published a book of flash fiction stories on Amazon.
      (If you can’t get to these people that way, I’ll be happy to send you both links.)
      I also follow a travel blogger from Finland, so if you would like a link to her, just let me know.

• empathy75 says:

thank you so much Millie. I am following Aletta and Ineke now. No, I don’t care whether they are author or not as long as their posts are beautiful. I just saw their posts and look wonderful. I will read the posts with a cup of coffee later. So happy for having another two bloggers. Please let me know the link of author from Finland too.Thanks again for your kindness.

Snowsomewhere, in Finland, is a travel blog, so her posts are from all her travels in the days when she was a flight attendant. She has some some great photos. Her blog’s name is The Snow Melts Somewhere and she uses the name of snowsomewhere. Hope the link works.

8. That is so funny ! Great quote !

Thanks, Lynne. Terry Pratchett was Known for his quotes. I was about to nominate you, but when I checked, I saw that you were in the middle of the challenge already. If you’d like to do it again some time in the future, I can always nominate you on my Day 3. 🙂

• Funny, you should mention that, I was keen to nominate you for the challenge, then remembered you had just been nominated for The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award, so may not be interested. I should not have assumed 🙂 . Sure, I don’t mind doing it again …I don’t have a lot of followers though 🙂

I think the challenges and awards are useful for drawing people to your blog, Lynne. You don’t have to do it staight away either. I did one Quotes Challenge over a month after the nomination, simply because I hadn’t got time to fit it in. I’ll nominate you on Day 3 of my challenge, which will be on Wednesday. (I have a different post planned for Tuesday). Thanks for accepting! 🙂

9. nowathome says:

A great quote, Millie! Thank you for the nomination!

Hi Aletta. I noticed in my emails that you’ve already done Day 1. That’s great, and I’ll be checking it out asap. I had my nomination for over two weeks before I found time to fit it in! 🙂

Nicely said Millie. Oh, and I like the new look of your blog. 🙂

Thanks – for both things, Norma. I had the header image/banner made by the illustrator who did the book covers. He’s a lovely person to work with.
      Are you back on your blog now? I’d like to nominate you for this challenge if you are.

• Norma says:

Thanks Millie. But I would like to skip this one this time as I have still to work on some old and new ones. Thanks for asking and I hope you wouldn’t mind if I would decline this one. I haven’t yet started blogging but I will soon enough. You know how addictive and attractive it is…can’t stay away for long. After all it’s a good therapy. 🙂

I noticed that you weren’t back on your blog yet, Norma, so don’t worry – I didn’t nominate you this time. I thought it would be best t wait until you were back in full flow!
        By the time you get back on your blog, I’ll probably be off on another bloggging break. After this week, I need to get on with my book for a while. I hope you’re over your most difficult time, now. Take care. 🙂

• Norma says:

Thanks for understanding Millie. I guess I am now over the grieving process, it’s only some changes that I’ll have to get adjusted to. Don’t worry we’ll catch up in time. 🙂 But you do focus on your book. Take care Millie. 🙂

You can’t beat Sir Terry for a good quote 🙂

12. anroworld says:

So well-said, dear Millie!

Thank you, Ann. I haven’t been on my blog at all since early January, so I’m behind in visiting people’s posts. I’ll be sure to visit your blog before I disappear again to write my book. 🙂

13. Antonia says:

Haha! I just love this quote!

14. Susan Langer says:

Mine has an invisable shield so that it appears open when needed but can close when needed also. 🙂

15. Love this quote! 🙂

16. Thanks so much for following http://fonzandcancer.wordpress.com I really do appreciate it – Fonz

You’re welcome. I’m just sorry I took so long to get back to you. I’m in the middle of a blogging break, so I can finish my third book, and just popped back to say hello to people. I’ll hop over to your blog tomorrow and read a few of your posts. 🙂

17. Lovely quote!! And thank you so much for the nomination…! I’m really happy that you thought about me. It is one of my fav challenges and I will certainly try to do it 🙂

18. Sounds like a lovely blog! The quote is nice Millie and so true!

19. inesephoto says:

Thank you so much for all your kind words, Millie! The quote is so true! Some people are great observers of life.
    Have a wonderful week!

20. Great quote! off to read the other two as I’m so far behind!

21. Pingback: Three Day Quote Challenge/ Day 1 | Gharkepakwan