Three Quotes Challenge – Day 1

shutterstock_188893346

I’ve been nominated again for the Three Quotes Challenge, this time by the lovely Galit Balli, an excellent blogger whose posts are really interesting and varied. Not only does Galit write great book reviews for ‘The Reading Bud’, she also shares her experiences of writing her own book as well as doing lots of other fun and interesting posts.

These are the Β challenge rules:

1. Post one quotation a day for three days (they can be from other sources or one of your own).
  2. Nominate 3 other bloggers to participate per post.
  3. Thank the blogger who nominated you.

The last time I did this challenge I decided to do quotes about writing, so this time I thought I’d do three quotes about the weather. Living in Britain, the weather becomes almost an obsession, and is definitely our main topic of conversation.

So this is my Quote for Day One:

rain quote

And here are my three nominees:

1. NormaΒ

2. Diana

3. Christina Rose

This entry was posted in Challenges and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to Three Quotes Challenge – Day 1

1. Aquileana says:

Great quote dear Millie… I am wishing you a great week ahead. All my best wishes, Aquileana πŸ˜€

Oh, the lovely rain, no matter how much chaos around it but it still makes me giggle like a child. Nice share Millie. Thanks for passing the challenge. πŸ™‚

I love the rain, too, Norma. I’ve said that for many years and most people think I’m barmy. We get so much of it here, you see. I love nice sunny weather, too, but I don’t think I could stand your kind of heat for long. I know you’re used to it, so cope with it much better.
      Glad you’re doing the challenge. It’s quite a quick thing to do. I like so many different quotes, I can never decide which to do! πŸ™‚

• Norma says:

Oh! the Indian summers…this year was the worst. Almost 2,000 people were killed because of the heatwave when the temp raised upto 50 degrees in some parts.
        I too love quotes. They are like small dozes of inspiration. πŸ™‚

Those numbers are staggering! And we moan here if it isn’t warm enough. All those poor families who lost loved ones. No wonder people long for summer to be over. Take care, Norma.

• Norma says:

Thankfully monsoons are in and I feel much relived. Last week we had continuous rains for 2-3 days. I
        am now happy and have been thanking the God ever since. πŸ˜€

I can imagine what a relief it is when the monsoons arrive. I’m sure everyone is hoping that next summer will be cooler. πŸ˜€

• Norma says:

Hope so. πŸ™‚

3. Millie I love this challenge. It’s the easiest one that I have ever come across.
    Nice quote by the way.

4. What a lovely quote! Definitely fitting for us living in rainy areas!! Thank you so much for thinking of me for this! ❀

5. Galit Balli says:

Firs, I love (love, love) the rain ❀
    Second, Loved this quote so much Millie, it's so lovely and so inspiring… I miss winter so much πŸ™‚

I love the rain, too. I love the sound of it and the feel of it on my face. Really heavy rain isn’t too great to be out in, but it’s amazing to hear on the windows. At least we can get indoors out of rain like that, whereas heat pervades everywhere. Winter will be here soon enough. The weeks pass so quickly. Thank you so much for liking my quote, Galit, and for nominating me for the challenge. <3.

6. Bekki Hill says:

Definitely no choice but to let the rain kiss us today!