One Last Run – Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers

Flash Fiction for for Aspiring Writers is a writing challenge, kindly hosted by Priceless Joy. The challenge asks us to write a piece of fiction from the photo prompt provided in around 100- 150 words. It encourages participants to comment, constructively, on other entries, so supporting each other’s writing. If you’d like to join in with this challenge, follow the link in the title of PJ’s, blog: Beautiful Words to see what to do. The challenge runs from Wednesday to Wednesday every week.

Here is this week’s photo . . .

wpid-photo-20150310051910078

. . . and this is my story:

Mickey Riordan passed the security officers supervising the boarding passengers at the top of the Bavaria’s gangplank, and grinned. He’d done it again! This final stop at Cologne, one of the Rhine’s many ports, had resulted in his fifth little bag of diamonds.

Back in his cabin he locked the bag in the safe with the rest, all to be delivered to the ‘big boys’ once they’d docked in Amsterdam. Then it was off to the airport for his homebound flight. With the payoff from his third and last ‘run’ he’d be able to buy that big house with the swimming pool in London.

Contemplating a hot shower, the knock on the door startled him. Probably the steward with the extra towels he’d ordered …

‘Mr. Riordan?’ one of the two burly policemen asked.

Mickey nodded, visualising the next ten years in clink. He could kiss that posh house goodbye.

If you’d like to read other entries, click here.

This entry was posted in Flash Fiction and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to One Last Run – Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers

Sounds like he should have stopped at two “runs”. That’s the problem with the criminal class today. Very greedy 🙂
    I’m betting the “big boys” in Amsterdam aren’t going to be too happy with him either.

2. Crime doesn’t pay. Guess he was dreaming of the nice big home with a pool much too soon. 😀 Great story Millie!

3. John Yeo says:

The criminal classes well described ~ The getaway looked too easy Millie ~ Well written ~ 🙂

4. Ameena k.g says:

Haha, and the bad guy does NOT get away! 😀 I love the way you ended it.

5. Sonya says:

Mickey was a bit too greedy, he should have gone for a smaller house, I reckon. But I’m glad you didn’t let him get away with it, he was too sure of himself…

6. Aquileana says:

I would say that nothing last forever… It is hard to be a fugitive of the Law, I guess…
    Nicely penned, dear Mollie ⭐ happy weekend! love, Aquileana 😀

7. Tastyniblets says:

That was great Millie, a really fun read. And I love the choice of name, you can’t get more roguish than Mickey Riordan!

8. WOW! Well, Mickey did buy himself into a big house with interesting roommates, great security, out-of-this-world chefs, a basketball court (possibly), an indoor and outdoor gym, and a large shower room. -(O.O)-

9. Creatopath says:

Oh no! The law always catches up with you! I almost feel sorry for him.

10. lrod1726 says:

Bad guys always seem to dream far ahead that they don’t realize they might get caught too soon. Very nice ending, he sure wasn’t going anywhere after opening the door.

11. Dreaming doesn’t help…He still got caught at the end lol 😛 He better use smarter tricks next time lol 😉

12. married2arod says:

What I loved most about this was the details. By giving a last name to your character and all the little details you were able to put into so little words really gave it a clear picture.