I have beeen nominated by the wonderful Elsa Holland for the One Lovely Blog Award.
I am truly honoured by this. It’s quite amazing to know that my five-month-old blog is not a total disaster. Yet. Thank you so much, Elsa.
The award requires me to Share Seven Lovely Facts about myself. Not the easiest thing in the world. I suppose it depends on how you interpret ‘Lovely’!
Well, after some thought, here they are:
- I have been married (to the same man, that is) for 44 years. I’m not sure which of us is the more long-suffering!
- I was doing my teacher training in Liverpool at the same time as the Beatles were having fun in the famous ‘Cavern’. Manic, but what fun!
- I walk a lot. I can’t start my day before I’ve done at least four miles. Then I go out again in the afternoon. When we first moved into this village I was quickly nicknamed, ‘the lady who walks’.
- The thing I like best about blogging is connecting with people all over the world. I could say it’s the geographer in me, but honesty impels me to admit that I’m also a chatterbox. My husband interprets that word as ‘nosy parker’.
- I like people who make me laugh. I’m naturally cheerful and love to keep that good humour going throughout the day. Life’s too short to be miserable for long.
- My husband and I never go to sleep at night without a goodnight kiss – unless we both fall asleep on our books.
- I’m a grand 5ft.2in. tall! I swear that everyone in my life puts things on top shelves just to annoy me. I have to climb on a chair whenever I need something.
Task two of this award asks that I name fifteen other blogs (or as many as possible) that I enjoy reading. Nominate the authors of those blogs to participate and do the same, linking back to the original Lovely Blog (that would be this page).
So, here they are:
The first is Elsa Holland who treats us to great writing, music and art.
I have enjoyed reading many others every week, including: