I have beeen nominated by the wonderful Elsa Holland for the One Lovely Blog Award.
I am truly honoured by this. It’s quite amazing to know that my five-month-old blog is not a total disaster. Yet. Thank you so much, Elsa.
The award requires me to Share Seven Lovely Facts about myself. Not the easiest thing in the world. I suppose it depends on how you interpret ‘Lovely’!
Well, after some thought, here they are:
- I have been married (to the same man, that is) for 44 years. I’m not sure which of us is the more long-suffering!
- I was doing my teacher training in Liverpool at the same time as the Beatles were having fun in the famous ‘Cavern’. Manic, but what fun!
- I walk a lot. I can’t start my day before I’ve done at least four miles. Then I go out again in the afternoon. When we first moved into this village I was quickly nicknamed, ‘the lady who walks’.
- The thing I like best about blogging is connecting with people all over the world. I could say it’s the geographer in me, but honesty impels me to admit that I’m also a chatterbox. My husband interprets that word as ‘nosy parker’.
- I like people who make me laugh. I’m naturally cheerful and love to keep that good humour going throughout the day. Life’s too short to be miserable for long.
- My husband and I never go to sleep at night without a goodnight kiss – unless we both fall asleep on our books.
- I’m a grand 5ft.2in. tall! I swear that everyone in my life puts things on top shelves just to annoy me. I have to climb on a chair whenever I need something.
Task two of this award asks that I name fifteen other blogs (or as many as possible) that I enjoy reading. Nominate the authors of those blogs to participate and do the same, linking back to the original Lovely Blog (that would be this page).
So, here they are:
The first is Elsa Holland who treats us to great writing, music and art.
I have enjoyed reading many others every week, including:
16 thoughts on “One Lovely Blog Award”
Thank you so much, Stuart.
Thank you, Joycelin. I’m still a bit flabbergasted about it myself!
Oh, I love your post Millie 🙂 I can so imagine you now and love the images that this brings up of you walking, your wonderful relationship with your husband and getting into mischief at the Cavern LOL Shared on Fb and Twitter 🙂
Thank you, Elsa. It’s quite something to have to write seven things about yourself that might sound remotely interesting to anyone else. I couldn’t match some of the things in your wonderfully heartfelt list, though. How I hope your fourth heart remains unbroken. (And that your ‘pet’ python takes kindly to visitors!)
Me too re heart and pythons!!! ❤ I loved your list I was walking with you thinking I wonder if it's like a Doc Martin Village? LOL
Doc Martin’s village in Cornwall is a lot hillier than here. We’re right on the border of Lincolnshire, which is mostly very flat. It can be pretty, though – lots of lovely old oaks, which I’m sure you’d love. So many different bird species too. I’m in danger of turning into a Twitcher! I do love the hills and mountains, though, and we’ve often considered moving uo to the Lake District.
Well deserved, indeed.
Thank you, James.
Mazeltov Millie! What a lovely award nom ☺ I very much enjoy your voice…fine, warm, humorous, smiling.
Thank you for that lovely comment, Julia. To be nominated was a great surprise to me, but a very nice one. My blog is relatively new and I’m still finding my way around a lot of things, but I think I’m getting there, slowly. I just wish I had the time to do a few more posts than I do but my writing takes so much of my time. Ah well . . .
Thank you for visiting my new photo blog, I’m chuffed! Warm regards, jules
I hope to see more of it from now on.Warm regards to you, too. Millie
Thank you Millie! You’re a doll xoxo